When your siding is rotted, chipped or cracked, it does not present your home in the best light possible. To correct this, you will need to decide whether to repair or replace your siding.
In this post, a siding and gutter repair specialist reveals the best time to repair or replace siding.
When Should You Repair Your Damaged Siding?
For many homeowners, repair is the go-to option because it is usually less expensive and a quicker process. You should opt for siding repair if you see the following signs:
- Mold: If you notice minor to moderate mold or mildew, call the professionals for repairs. However, removing any evidence of unwanted biological growth will not eliminate the problem altogether. You will need to identify its root cause in order to prevent the progress of rot or mold in the long term.
- Chipping or Cracking: If some areas of your siding have minor chips and cracks, they can likely be remedied with a repair. If the cracking is more extensive, you may have to replace the affected panels.
- Dents: Like chips or cracks, dents are repairable and can sometimes require a panel replacement.
When Should You Replace Your Damaged Siding?
A siding and gutter installation specialist recommends siding replacement in the following situations:
- Excessive Maintenance: If you find yourself repainting, restaining or repairing your siding on an annual basis or even more frequently, it is high time you replace your siding.
- Severe Bubbling: Bubbles underneath your siding are a red flag. This form of damage often indicates the presence of water damage.
- Dry Rot: Dry rot is a clear sign that your siding is starting to fail. It starts below the surface of your siding but will continue to eat away at the rest of your siding.
Whether you need to repair or replace your siding, Pechacek’s General Contracting, Roofing & Siding LLC can deliver the results you expect. Apart from siding installation, our team also offers roof and gutter services. Just give us a call at (715) 425-9801 or complete our convenient online form to request a quote. We work with customers in and around River Falls, WI.